We offer two ways to contribute to our school’s scholarship & capital expansion fund. With each method, 100% of your donation, minus minimal bank processing fees we incur, will be directed to providing scholarships and/or expanding our facilities to serve even more children throughout the Arusha area.
For your reference, the cost of supporting a scholarship student, including their meals, uniform, boarding and education is approximately $600 USD per calendar year, or $50 USD per month. A few additional sample costs include the following:
- $20 provides a scholarship student with a new uniform.
- $50 provides a scholarship student with meals for a full term.
- $100 USD provides a scholarship student with instruction for a full term.
- $600 USD provides a scholarship student with meals, uniform, boarding & education for a full year.
- $1,000 USD adds 100+ books to our school library or a computer to our technology center.
- $10,000 builds a new classroom that will serve 25 or more students.
Through our partnership with US 501c3 nonprofit Epic Change, you may make an online contribution that is tax-deductible in the United States. To do so, make a monthly or one-time contribution at www.epicchange.org/donate with a note that your gift is meant for Shepherds Junior School.
Contribute in Tanzania
Though it will not likely be tax-deductible in the US and abroad, in Tanzania, you may contribute directly to Shepherds Foundation by making a deposit in one of the following local accounts:
- AKIBA COMMERCIAL BANK A/C NO. 0000001513
- NATIONAL BANK OF COMMERCE (NBC) – ARUSHA BRANCH, A/C NO. 014103016750
By donating to support our capital expansion, you help us to direct our tuition income to add additional children to our student body who cannot afford our fees. Additionally, with expanded facilities, the incremental cost of adding additional children to our classrooms is minimized. In essence, by contributing to capital improvements, you enable us to direct a greater portion of our tuition income toward scholarships for new orphan and low-income students.
By contributing in this empowering way, you can help us to cultivate a strong, self-sufficient student body and community. Thanks so much for your contribution to Shepherds Junior School!!
If you’d like to read more about our policy on student sponsorships, please click here.